Data Centre movement is a complex and critical process that requires meticulous planning, coordination, and expertise. Engaging experienced professionals, including data centre relocation specialists, IT teams, and project managers can help ensure a successful and smooth data centre movement while minimizing disruptions to business operations.
CREATE A PROJECT PLAN
• Identify Gaps and Map needs
• Define the scope of work and goals
• Allocate budget, personnel, and timeline
IDENTIFY THE DESTINATION DC
• Assess suitability per requirements
• Visit the destination DC
DETERMINE AND ASSIGN RESOURCES
• Bring together a team with a project manager
• Establish roles, goals, and accountability
• Hardware checklists
• Software prerequisites
• Task prerequisites
SCHEDULE THE MOVE
• Create detailed checklists for the move
• Understand the destination DC- compliance, safety, layout, etc.
CREATE A BACK UP/BACK OUT PLAN
• Create a contingency plan
POST MIGRATION TESTING
• Present performance report
At CDS we have an experienced team that can manage your Data Centre Relocation.